Methodist Physician Group
Methodist Physician Group (MPG) is an organization of hospital-employed physicians dedicated to advancing Methodist Hospital’s mission to provide the best quality care to all those in need. MPG members place all their focus on patient care, leaving the hassles of practice management and finance to others.
• A full employment package
• Malpractice insurance
• Practice management, including hiring and managing staff, payroll and billing, managed care contract management
• Practice marketing and referral support
• Leadership training via Methodist Hospitals’ partnership with the Studer Group
• Hospitalist support for physicians who prefer an entirely office-based practice
• Physician liaison support
All MPG practices utilize the Epic electronic medical record, providing full integration of your patients’ office records with their hospital records and placing you in compliance with “meaningful use” requirements. In addition, Epic enhances patient safety. With Epic, treatment orders, medication orders, are entered directly into the Epic system greatly reducing the chance of miscommunication and misinterpretation. Prescriptions are sent to pharmacies electronically, as a result, patient’s safe care need not be jeopardized by the legibility of handwriting. Automatic alerts are delivered to warn of potential drug interactions or drug allergies when a medication is initially prescribed.
Darrwin Perkins, Director of Business Development