Methodist Hospitals is committed to leading the region in quality specialty care and providing the best patient experience. The dedication and hard work of our staff has earned us the following distinctions…
Methodist Hospitals Achieves New Status as Accredited Chest Pain Center
Methodist Hospitals announces it has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC), an international not-for-profit organization that focuses on transforming cardiovascular care by assisting facilities in their effort to create communities of excellence that bring together quality, cost and patient satisfaction. As the only cross-specialty organization, SCPC provides the support needed for individual hospitals and hospital systems to effectively bridge existing gaps in treatment by providing the tools, education and support necessary to successfully navigate the changing face of healthcare.
Hospitals that have received SCPC accreditation have achieved a higher level of expertise in dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack. They emphasize the importance of standardized diagnostic and treatment programs that provide more efficient and effective evaluation as well as more appropriate and rapid treatment of patients with chest pain and other heart attack symptoms. They also serve as a point of entry into the healthcare system to evaluate and treat other medical problems, and they help to promote a healthier lifestyle in an attempt to reduce the risk factors for heart attack.
• Methodist was voted the #1 Hospital in Northwest Indiana by Post-Tribune Readers in the 2012 Neighbors Choice Awards.
• Awarded the AHA’s 2011 Get with the Guidelines Silver Performance Achievement Award for Congestive Heart Failure.
• Methodist Hospitals was the FIRST Northwest Indiana hospital to be accredited by the American College of Surgeon's National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
• Awarded the Gold Performance Achievement Award in 2011 and 2012 by the American Heart and Stroke Association for our Stroke Program.
• Primary Stroke Certification by Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
• Northwest Indiana’s MOST DECORATED Breast Cancer Program
- 2011 Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology
- First Hospital in Northwest Indiana to gain NAPBC Accreditation
- ACOS Commission on Cancer since 1974.
• Recipient of the American Cancer Society Five Star Investor Community Investor awards in the fight against cancer.
• 2010 Joint Commission accreditation for our laboratory.