MERRILLVILLE | Methodist Hospitals introduces Northwest Indiana’s Only Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB) procedure to diagnose and plan treatment for lesions deep in the lung as well as the most advanced Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS).
What: Methodist Hospitals will hold a Press Conference and VIP Open House to introduce the latest, most advanced diagnostic technology for lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases. ENB uses GPS-like minimally-invasive technology to locate, enable biopsy and plan treatment for a lesion (spot) deep in the lung. EBUS is an emerging technique which offers a more precise, minimally invasive way of assessing a patient’s lymph nodes and determining if lung cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
Who: Community leaders, medical staff, hospital leadership and employees will be in attendance.
The following individuals will be attending and will be available for interviews and photos:
• Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• B. H. Barai, M.D., Medical Director, Oncology Institute
• Pulmonologists trained in the application of ENB, and the EBUS technology
When: The event will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. The program will include:
• Invocation by Reverend David Neville, Jr.
• Welcome and Opening Remarks by Ian E. McFadden, Methodist Hospitals
• Overview of the New technology, by B.H. Barai, M.D. Medical Director, Oncology Institute, Pulmonologists Hakam Safadi, M.D., Olusegun Apata, M.D., Sharon Harig, M.D. and Charles Rebesco, M.D.
• Closing Remarks by William G. Braman, Chair, Methodist Hospitals Board of Directors
Where: Methodist Hospitals Southlake Campus, Center for Advanced Clinical Studies, Pavilion B, 200 E. 89th Drive, Merrillville, IN 46410
• Follow “Press Conference and VIP Open House” signs on Broadway and 89th Drive.
• Parking will be available.
About Methodist Hospitals: Methodist Hospitals is a community-based, not-for-profit health system with two full-service acute care facilities that has been leading the way to better health for residents of Northwest Indiana for almost 100 years. Methodist Hospitals offers a number of award-winning programs, including its Neuroscience and Oncology Institutes, Restart Center for bariatric surgery and Women’s Health program. Its range of services also includes Emergency services, Cardiovascular services, Orthopedics, comprehensive Rehabilitation services and Home Health Services.
Courtesy of The Times.