What: Methodist Hospitals will hold a VIP Open House Reception to launch the daVinci introduce the latest, most advanced diagnostic technology for lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases. ENB uses GPS-like minimally-invasive technology to locate, enable biopsy and plan treatment for a lesion (spot) deep in the lung. EBUS is an emerging technique which offers a more precise, minimally invasive way of assessing a patient’s lymph nodes and determining if lung cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
Who: Community leaders, medical staff, hospital leadership and employees will be in attendance.
The following individuals will be attending and will be available for interviews and photos:
• Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• Perkin Stang, M.D. Division Chief of Obstetrics & Gynecology
• Tyler Emley, Urologist
• Tom Galouzis, General Surgeon
• Kurt S. Klepsch, Sales Representative from Intuitive Surgical
When: The event will be held on Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. The program will include:
• Invocation by Reverend David Neville, Jr.
• Welcome and Opening Remarks by Ian E. McFadden, Methodist Hospitals
• Overview of the New technology, by Perkin Stand, M.D., Urology Applications by Tyler Emley, M.D., and Tom Galouzis, M.D. General Surgery Applications
• New Applications for non-invasive surgery including Vascular Applications, Kurt Klepsch, Intuitive Surgical Clinical Sales Representative
• Closing Remarks by William G. Braman, Chair, Methodist Hospitals Board of Directors
• Live Demonstrations in da Vinci Surgery Suite following brief program will last until 6:00 p.m.
Where: Methodist Hospitals Southlake Campus, Center for Advanced Clinical Studies, Pavilion B, 200 E. 89th Drive, Merrillville, IN 46410
• Follow “da Vinci Event” signs on Broadway and 89th Drive.
• Plenty of parking will be available.