What: Methodist Hospitals will hold a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the start of construction
of its new Emergency Department at the Southlake Campus in Merrillville, Indiana.
Who: Community leaders, medical staff, hospital leadership and employees will be in attendance.
The following individuals will be attending and will be available for interviews and photos:
• Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• Michael McGee, M.D., Medical Director, Methodist Hospitals Emergency Services
• Richard Fetz, Principal in Charge, BSA LifeStructures
When: The event will be held on February 28, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. The program will include:
• Invocation by Reverend David Neville, Jr.
• Welcome by William G. Braman, Chair, Methodist Hospitals Board of Trustees
• Opening Remarks by Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• Remarks by Dr. Michael McGee and Richard Fetz; Howard Fink, Merrillville Town Administrator and Sue Reed, Executive Director, Crossroads Chamber of Commerce
• Groundbreaking photo opportunity
Where: Methodist Hospitals Southlake Campus, 8701 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410
• Event venue will be the former outpatient registration area next to the Emergency Department
• Follow “ED Groundbreaking” signs on 87th around to the Emergency Department.
• Parking will be available near the Emergency Department
About Methodist Hospitals: Methodist Hospitals is a community-based, not-for-profit health system with two full-service acute care facilities that has been leading the way to better health for residents of Northwest Indiana for almost 100 years. Methodist Hospitals offers a number of award-winning programs, including its Neuroscience and Oncology Institutes, Restart Center for bariatric surgery and Women’s Health program. Its range of services also includes Emergency services, Cardiovascular services, Orthopedics, comprehensive Rehabilitation services and Home Health Services.