We want to make your experience at Methodist Hospital a pleasant one as we fulfill our commitment to deliver high quality, personal care for you and your family.
What should you bring?
- Please bring your insurance card and valid picture identification.
- If your visit includes an inpatient hospital stay, please bring a complete, up-to-date list of all medications you are taking (prescription and non-prescription). That includes all vitamins, supplements, herbs, eye drops and inhalers. If you are not able to provide a list, please bring the actual medications with you.
- If you have an Advance Directive (a Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare), please bring it with you.
- A list of important contacts, including emergency names and phone numbers.
- Your glasses, contact lenses (case and solution), hearing aids, dentures, bridges or partial plates
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and stable, comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring a list of any questions you may have about your medical care. It is important that you and your family be active partners in your healthcare. That means getting involved in your care and your healthcare provider any questions you may have.
What should you leave at home?
- Jewelry or other valuables.
- Do not bring a large amount of cash or credit cards.
Other key things to know…
- Smoking is prohibited at Methodist Hospitals.
- If having surgery or another outpatient procedure, please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. You will not be permitted to drive yourself home after receiving sedation or general anesthesia.