Choosing where to deliver your child can be challenging. Many women have never been a patient in a hospital before the birth of their first baby, so they have absolutely no idea what to expect. Fortunately, Methodist Hospitals takes the worry out of the process by offering all the comforts of home, and then some.
Whether you deliver at our Northlake or Southlake campus, you will be treated by experienced, compassionate obstetricians and staff. Our newly renovated facilities are specifically designed and equipped to enhance your experience with us. We are proud to offer our delivering families:
- Comfortable, private accommodations
- Spacious, beautifully appointed Labor and Delivery Suites with a sleeper sofas, gliders and private bathrooms with shower
- Private, post-partum rooms with private bathrooms with shower
- Advanced technology with bedside documentation and infant security upgrade
- A fully-equipped operating room and recovery room within the Maternal and Infant Care Center
- Welcoming waiting room for family members and other support people
- New outpatient testing and lactation rooms
After delivering your baby, you and one support person will be moved to a private postpartum room with your healthy newborn. Methodist Hospitals facilities are designed to facilitate your recovery in a private comfortable atmosphere and support decisions to breastfeed, skin-to-skin bonding and rooming in with your newborn. A representative from our newborn photography company, Healthy Families, is available, if desired.
When discharged, Methodist staff will make sure you receive information to better care for yourself and your baby at home. We will also contact you a couple days later to see how things are going.
CLICK HERE to meet the Methodist Physician Group women’s services specialists practicing near you.
Methodist Hospitals Maternal & Infant Care Center
Methodist Hospitals Lactation (Breastfeeding)
Northlake Campus: Third Floor Conference Room
600 Grant Street, Gary, IN 46402 • 219-886-4734
Southlake Campus: Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic Conference Room
8701 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-757-7638